Advanced laser dentistry makes it possible for a variety of dental treatments to be performed more precisely and more comfortably, and we are proud to offer this technology here at Pomerado Cosmetic Dentistry. Laser dentistry uses light energy to improve specific areas of the gums without affecting surrounding tissues.
Plus, laser dentistry makes it possible to lessen the bleeding during certain procedures and diminish swelling and pain once the treatment is complete. Laser procedures can often be performed with little or no anesthetic, and they can significantly speed up the healing time after treatment.
Please contact our practice today for more information on our laser dentistry procedures, or to schedule an appointment.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Laser technology can be used for a variety of necessary dental procedures, giving patients a more comfortable treatment process while helping our dentists deliver highly accurate and precise results. Laser dentistry with the state-of-the-art Diode laser can be utilized in procedures such as:
- Laser Bacterial Reduction – periodontal care with laser bacterial reduction destroys bacteria that causes gum disease, inflammation, and infection
- Laser Curretage – deep cleaning procedures can now use lasers to eliminate unhealthy tissues and help the gums attach themselves to the teeth
- Treating Herpetic Lesions, Canker Sores, and Ulcers – lasers can cauterize nerve endings and work to prevent re-stimulation of these common conditions
- Gingivectomy – patients who have excess gum tissue can benefit from laser technology to reduce gum disease or the appearance of a “gummy smile”
- Desensitize Teeth – in some cases, laser treatments can help to reduce dental sensitivity to hot and cold
- Cosmetic Gum Recontouring – patients who have a “gummy smile,” or gums that cover too much of the lower portion of their teeth, can have excess gum tissue removed and the appearance of their smile renewed with laser cosmetic gum recontouring
If you would like more information on our laser dentistry procedures, or if you would like to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced dentists, please contact Pomerado Cosmetic Dentistry today.